Unfortunately this week I’ve ended it with a burst of a head cold, so I feel pretty sick, which is never good. I still have a handful of favourites to share with you all that I have absolutely been loving.
1-2. Date Night at Caravanserai – Every month, Alex and I go out to a nice restaurant and enjoy a wonderful meal. This month’s pick was made by me and since I’d never had Turkish I was super duper keen. When we got there the sun was just setting and we were blessed with a perfect night. The food was sublime and I love everything on the platter! After dinner we drove around and stopped for ice cream, I picked peanut butter choc swirl and it was delicious.
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Now I haven’t finished this yet, but I will most likely finish it today. I cannot shut up about this book, I’ve been wanting someone to talk to about it but everyone in my family wants to see the movie when it comes out, so I can’t really wreck it for them. The story has really stumped me and that’s it’s main reason for intriguing me and keeping me from putting it down. I love it and can’t wait to see how it ends but at the same time, I don’t really want it to end.
4. Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk – Finally I got my hands on this little baby and well there’s not much to say that you haven’t already heard. It’s incredibly creamy and I love the pigmentation. Definitely going to become a staple!
What have you been loving this week?
Well hasn’t this week been boring as hell, I’ve been cooped up in my room reading a whole heap and not doing much, which is kinda nice. Today is actually Australia Day if you’re from here and Alex and I are having a big bbq with our friends, it’s gonna be a good night.
1. Aristotle and Dante – This one was a recommendation from my sister who is actually a book blogger and is majorly obsessed with books, so I knew it would be positively amazing. I started it on Saturday evening and finished it on Monday night, which for me is a really short time to read a book, but I honestly couldn’t put it down. It’s quite incredible and the ending is insanely satisfying. Totally recommend.
2. LUSH Snow Fairy – I’ve used this little baby everyday this week and I love the way it fills up my shower with it’s sweet scent. Kinda makes my showers magical in a sense!
3. Nescafe Butterscotch Latte Sachets – Now I may be the only coffee crazed person who doens’t own a coffee machine, but in my opinion these are the next best thing. I’m pretty sure these are a new flavor and they might not stick around but it totally feels like cafe quality coffee, which is a massive step up from instant coffee.
4. American Authors (EP) – I’m not just in love with one of their songs but all of them, their EP is amazing and I hope you check them out. Best Day of My Life has gotten pretty popular!
What have you been loving this week?
To be completely honest not much happened this week, it was filled with work and movies. I did how ever receive an offer for my new bachelor’s degree, which was amazing. I started university last year and I was studying a degree in Entertainment Industries which was a combination of courses on law, business and creative industries. I became enthralled and loved the business subjects so I’m now doing a Business degree majoring in marketing, can’t wait to start.
1. About Time – Alex and I watched this while having a lazy day and it was just a gorgeous film, I didn’t find it too corny or predictable and honestly found the characters believable and unique. It’s a little bit different to your normal romantic movies, since it is quite serious yet the main character can travel in time! It’s a simply beautiful film and I would definitely recommend it.
2. Say Something – A Great Big World – I can’t quite pinpoint why I’ve been in love with this song this week, I just find it absolutely gorgeous. The version with Christina Aguilera is also very lovely.
3. Garnier Perfect Blur – Recently I tweeted that I picked this up and I’ve been wearing under my foundation every day I’ve worn makeup. I texture is amazing and is a wonderful primer/base. It was only $16.99 which isn’t too pricey for a decent primer.
4. Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon – I mentioned this is a Weekly Lustables a while back, but this week I finally just sat down and finished it. I haven’t read too many mystery novels before so it was such satisfying feeling to see everything come together. The ending is so incredibly amazing, I honestly couldn’t put it down.
What have you been loving this week? I’d love to know 🙂
This week has been such an amazing one, filled with new years celebrations, drinks and romance. Alex and I took a trip down the coast and stayed at Conrad Jupiters, which was a treat and a half. One of the only bad things about this week has been the massive heat wave that has hit us, yesterday it reached 41 degrees Celsius which is roughly 105 Farenheit!!!!! We were literally melting, thank god my house has air con, but it has definitely made it hard for me to go for runs since my window is either extremely early in the morning or in the small window of evening where I’ve still got a little energy left. Now onto my favourties, I’m trying to keep them to 4 each week so that they really are the standouts of each week.
1. Conrads Trip – On Thursday Alex and I drove down the coast and although it was overcast it didn’t put a holt in the heat. I rarely get to go down the coast so we were making the most of it and went to putt putt, which i got completely smashed by Alex, it was hilarious how bad i was, I did however get 3 holes in one on the second course. After putt putt the sun really got to us and so did our stomachs. Since I hadn’t each much for brekkie and he had we had to find somewhere where I could eat heaps and he could get a little bit of food. Luckily on our travels we stumbled upon a sushi train, and it was just sublime. Further down the road we reached Conrads and took refuge from the heat in the casino before we could check in and for the first time I played Pokies hehe. By check in time we were pooped and dying for a swim. Due to our dorkiness we couldn’t figure out the lifts and got stuck on them for 15 mins and when we finally got to our room, we’d been given two doubles instead of a king which was annoying, but we were too tired to change, so off to the pool/spa we went. Later that night we went to dinner and had the best burgers ever, followed by Zircus, which was a circus show that was on. We were 4 rows from the front and it was absolutely spectacular. All in all it was a perfect trip 🙂
2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush – I wanted to mention this last week but I’d only used it once and thought I’d give it a few more uses and HOLY MOTHER OF GLOB it’s the most heavenly brush. I’ve never gotten such a flawless finish, it buffs everything flawlessly into the skin and the bristles are super soft and durable. Can’t wait to try more Real Techniques brushes throughout this year.
3. LUSH Ponche Shower Gel – When I got this in the Christmas Gift set from Boxing Day sales I didn’t think I would like it very much, but I’ve used it nearly everyday since I’ve got it and it’s absolutely fabulous. The scent is so amazing, the citrus isn’t two powerful but still has that kick that I can definitely says wakes you up. It’s such a shame this is limited to Christmas, will have to pick up a big bottle next year.
4. University of Washington’s Stereotypes – Defying Gravity – One of my friends sent me this the other day and I haven’t stopped listening to it, I mean it’s still on repeat as I write this post.
What have you been loving this week? I’d love to know
Boy, has this been a busy week, with Christmas and sales shopping and the movies and don’t forget the family and friends. On Monday I went and visited my little cousins, my uncle and my grandma and wished them a Merry Christmas. Then on Christmas Eve my family and I went out to dinner at Il Centro on Eagle Street Pier, looking over the River and the Storey Bridge. The whole reason we had to abandon our usual Christmas Eve dinner was due to our oven slightly blowing up earlier this year. Dinner was lovely though and we all had a wonderful night. We continued to do Christmas a day early and opened our presents that night, my big present was my keyboard and my new desk, which was a combination 18th Birthday present as well. I also got some gift cards and soap and my mum got an Elizabeth Arden makeup kit and decided that she didn’t need everything and since she knew how much I love makeup I received a few extra presents. I then spent Christmas Day with Alex and his extended family. Boxing Day was filled with sale shopping and a viewing of The Hobbit 2 which was amazing. I also went for a second round of sales shopping bound with a seeing of Frozen, which is a new favourite. I can’t decide whether I like it better than Tangled, what do you think?
Now onto my favourites (even though this whole week has been a favourite):
- Coastal Scents Metal Mania – I bought this ages ago and I hardly used it, until Christmas Eve and I created this really nice smokey eye, which I hope to do a tutorial on soon.
- Simple Song – The Shins – This has been one of my favourite songs this week along with The Draw – Bastille
- Christmas Eve Dinner – I didn’t get any photos of the actual dinner because I was to busy eating it, but I got duck with panna cotta, roasted potatoes and for dessert, chocolate mousse and gelato. I also had a Singapore Sling which is one of my favourite cocktails.
- My Favourite Christmas Present – As I said before, my mum got a handful of Elizabeth Arden products and she was lovely enough the lipsticks among the three of us. I got the one called Tulip and I’m absolutely in love with it. It’s my first really high end lipstick, other than MAC.
What have you been loving this week? I’d love to hear your thoughts:)
- My New Keyboard (Roland F-120) – Now I know most people my age have been wanting a car since they entered their teens but for me it was a digital piano. I’ve been slyly suggesting one for the past 5 years and although my mum had wanted to get me one, it was too big of a present. So this year I turned 18 and my mum thought it would be good to give my sister and I something that we’d been wanting for a long time, but since I’m a twin and both presents were exey one of us had to wait, and because mine was more expensive I was fine with the waiting. I did have a shitty keyboard from the 80s that I had learnt piano on, and it was going steady until one day it just up and broke. So for the past 3 months I’d gone without the one thing in my house that gave me some peace. As most of you know last weekend I went on a date with Alex, little did I know that me spending the weekend with him wasn’t just lovely it was coerced by my mum and sister so that they could set up the piano and also build me a new desk and bookcase so it could fit. I have never been more surprised and I swear if they filmed my reaction it would be viral already. I screamed, cried, dropped on the ground and proceeded to hug every member of my family. I’ve played it so much this week and I absolutely love it.
- Garnier BB Cream Oil Free – I only bought this product this week but so far I’m in love with it and I hope it stands up to the hot Australian sun.
- Black Milk Musk Mermaid Leggings – So in last week’s lustables I mentioned the Black Milk Cyber Monday sale, well this week what I ordered arrived and I can’t stop wearing them, they’re so comfy and look amazing, they are musk colored but reflect green.
- Topshop Heart Ring – I got this the other day when I posted my haul and I’ve been wearing everyday since. I think it’s absolutely gorgeous and I doubt I’ll be taking it off anytime soon.
What have you been loving this week? I’d love to hear your thoughts 🙂
xoxo – Happy Holidays
1. Black Milk Cyber Monday Sale – I was so excited for this sale but the ended up having so many technical difficulties and didn’t open till Tuesday. I ended up getting a pair of Mermaid leggings which should arrive soon. SAH EXCITED!!!!
2. Wagaya – So it was date night with Alex on Friday and Wagaya is one of my favourite restaurants and he’d never been so we went. The food was amazing we had octopus, ox tongue and eel 😀 We also had the best gelato ever afterwards, it was Cherry Ripe and Forrero Rocher flavoured!
3. Hands Like Houses – Since Vans Warped Tour I’ve been in love with this band and I would have to say that my favourite song so far has been, “No Parallels”.
4. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon – Started reading this book this week and it’s amazing, so in love with the characters and the uniqueness of the story.
What have you been loving this week? I’d love to hear your thoughts 🙂
xoxo – Happy Holidays