We all have our collections, whether they be makeup, haircare, skincare, headbands, scarves etc. and to each their own. My favourite collection that I own actually isn’t my makeup collection (although it was a close runner up to first) it’s my Black Milk Collection. Although it’s fairly small, I’m a uni student and well if you know anything about the brand, you need to save up some dough for each purchase. Black Milk Clothing compromises of nylon heaven with a multitude of leggings, dresses, skirts etc with crazy awesome designs featured upon them, occasionally being pop culture related. I’d known about them for awhile firstly cause they’re Aussie and at high school I gawked at their site for hours, sometimes getting all the way to the checkout and then chickening out cause of the price. Last year I jumped the fence and bought the Marauder’s Map Leggings from their Harry Potter collection, I honestly could not pass them up. I’m so glad that I did, they are one of my favourite styling pieces and goes wonderfully with all my band t-shirts as well as plain dresses. Since they are golden cream, I actually get asked (nearly every time I wear them) if they are tattoos!!!! From that first purchase I’ve been obsessed, the photo above shows 4/5 of the pieces I own the other is a pair of mermaid leggings which are pictured below.
I fit between a medium and a large depending on the style, for example in the Marauder’s Map leggings I’ve got a medium and they fit (length wise I’m 5’11”) fine but with the mermaid leggings below, they fall a little short and tend to ride up my legs (I have them in medium as well) since they’re textured. I find the cut of the dresses to be quite flattering especially the reversible skater dress which the Lumpy Space Princess dress is. The material is clearly their signature nylon and is amazingly comfortable and durable, since I live in Australia they are kind perfect since it never gets too cold here. For some of the dresses they also allow the option for a longer torso which is wonderful since I’m so tall.
Mermaid Musk Leggings in Medium (No Longer Available)
*Newest Addition* Red Tartan Toasties (they have fleece on the inside which makes them toasty) in Large
Marauder’s Map Leggings in Medium
Pictured in the top image:
LSP Reversible Skater Dress in Large
Team Targaryn Scoop Skater Dress (Game of Thrones For the Win!) in Large LT (Long Torso)
So that’s my collection, it will continue to grow cause I have no self control and plus there’s a disney collection coming out and I’m sure I’ll loose all my savings.
By the way just mentioning that I wasn’t sponsored by Black Milk Clothing at all they have no idea I’m doing this post, I bought each and every item of clothing myself with my own dough.
What’s your favourite brand of clothing? xoxo
Last night I got especially dressed up for a little gathering with some new friends in town and well I thought my outfit was kinda cool. I tried to keep things pretty simple and stuck with my favourite style which is wearing no more of two colours. In my opinion as much as I love my cool designs and layering is really awesome, when I want to stick to something classic you can’t go wrong with your plain colors or shades. What’s your go to fashion color combination? Mine would have to be black and white or black and pink 🙂
So here’s what’s on my body:
- Top – Valley Girl
- Skirt – Forever 21
- Bag – Colette by Colette Hayman
- Boots – Naughty Monkey
- Lipstick – Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 107 (loving this shade!)
Even though it’s getting a little chilly here in Brisbane, I was actually quite comfortable with wearing this amount of clothes. I suppose you can get away with that in this time of temperamental weather.
What have you been loving recently?
As some of you might know, I’m a massive fan of almost everything pop culture related and I am in complete awe of the guys and gals that do cosplay. I wish I had the skill (in relation to creating the costumes) and the confidence to pull off such amazing characters. The other day I stumbled upon this wonderful cosplayer by the name of Lisa Lou Who and I fell in love with some of her costumes and I felt the need to share her with you all.
Costume: Harley Quinn
Series: Original Design, inspired by Sakizou
Jasmine, Thief of Agrabah
Ana from Frozen
I love all her costumes and think she’s incredibly talented at what she does, and seriously can’t wait to see her future creations. She seriously inspires me to take a crack at cosplaying myself, although I seriously lack the sewing capabilities hehe.
You can find Lisa at these links:
What do you think about her costumes? And about cosplaying in general?
It seems I’ve been nominated for this award again, if you haven’t seen my first nomination post, which was from August this year here it is. (First Nomination Post) I was literally estatic when I got my first nomination so it’s kinda crazy to get a second one. The lovely Annabella from http://annabellaella.blogspot.com.au who left me simply the best comment and I decided it was the perfect time of the year for me to do a post like this. Now the rules are very much the same as last time with only one addition, adding 11 facts about yourself, which I’m more than pleased to share with you, since I’m welcoming quite a number of new followers into my midst.
– Post 11 random facts about yourself.
– Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted for you.
– Nominate 11 bloggers (w/ less than 200 followers) for the award and link them in your post.
– Let the bloggers you’ve nominated know they are nominated.
– No tag backs.
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
- In case you didn’t know, I’m a twin, we’re not identical but it’s pretty interesting.
- I watch wayyyyyy too much television, no joke! I’m a complete addict.
- I learnt Mandarin at school between prep and year 10, was a top grade student, won awards, and i only remember how to say a handful of words and phrases. 😦 It’s hidden somewhere in my brain, I just know it.
- In my first year of university (which was this year) I majored in Drama.
- My favourite author is Neil Gaiman, I’ve read The Graveyard Book, American Gods and The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I’ve also seen the movie adaptions of Stardust and Coraline, he also has written numerous episodes of Doctor Who.
- I got to meet the lead singer of my favourite band (Marianas Trench) in 2012. It was beyond amazing.
- In case you weren’t aware, I’m extremely musical. I sing, play piano, guitar, violin, clarinet and I’ve learnt a few others. I’ve also composed a handful of songs and I rarely go a day without singing or playing piano.
- I’ve visited a handful of countries, they’ve been USA, New Zealand, South Pacific, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.
- I’m completely and totally in love with Camembert!
- My two favourite movies are Easy A and Django Unchained
- I absolutely love baking and started learning last year, but unfortunately my baking journey got cut short when my oven slightly blew up earlier this year.
QUESTION I WAS ASKED
- What is your favorite trend of all time? (it can be fashion, makeup, or anything) Why?– In my opinion it’s winged eyeliner, I just think it’s completely timeless and really puts together any look. It seriously suits anyone and can fit with any occasion or sense of style. I’m also a big fan of plain fashion items, such a little black dresses. They are so simplistic, yet so classy and will never go out of style.
- Why do you think I nominated you for the Liebster Award?– To be quite honest, I don’t know but I will assume it’s because you read my blog and you enjoy doing so. Or that you love my vibe or enthusiasm. Something like that.
- How do you stay creative?- This is kinda a tricky one, because creativity has been in my blood, everyone in my family is very creative and we’ve all be arty or musical. I continue to embrace my creativity through outlets such as these and keep being creative because I’m surrounded my amazing talented people in the blogging and beauty community. I’m continually inspired each and everyday whether it be through channels like blogging or through my experience is life and the people I love and care for.
- If you could re-do something, what would it be?– Another tricky one, I’m not one for regrets since at any point in my life or any decisions I’ve made, I wanted to do what I did, and thus have no regrets. So if I were to re-do something it would either be reliving my last high school orchestra performance or reliving when I won a silver medal at the World Choir Games, because they are timeless memories that can never be redone.
- What has been the proudest moment of your life so far? – Last year I was in one of my high school’s choirs and this one was an audition only one, so I felt very exclusive, and my proudest moments are associated with the achievements I made through performing. By far performing the solo part to one of our songs in the Classical section for the World Choir Games. It felt amazing representing my country, choir and school by being a soloist.
- If a genie granted you 3 wishes, what would they be? – Most definitely something money related so that I could in some way lift the financial pressure that my mother has been under her entire life. Other than that I’m not quite sure what else I would ask for, maybe to not have combination skin haha.
- Name 5 things that make you happy. Why do they make you happy? – 1. My friends – I’ve never had many friends in my life and this year I finally made some who cared enough to get to know me and I could not be more thankful for them being in my life 2. Alex – Now I’ll try and avoid getting all lovey dovey, but he truly makes me one of the happiest people on the planet. 3. Music – If it’s listening, playing or composing, I’m just in my element and I just get so immersed. 4. Blogging – I’ve really found a passion for it this year and I feel so super productive which are things I’m sort of addicted to. 5. Makeup/Skincare – My love for these products have flourished and I love trying and creating new looks, it’s one of my passions and I’m completely in love.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? – There’s that I would love to have, but the ability to speak and understand any language would be pretty awesome in my opinion. I love stories so being able to hear tales from other backgrounds and cultures would be pretty darn amazing.
- What is your life dream? – This is kinda corny, but to be happy and for my friends and family to be happy. To be secure and safe and healthy. To be surrounded by those who I love and who love me.
- Name a time when you felt so completely alive and free. – This is really hard to pin point but this year in general has been really good for me and I’ve gone through a bit of a tough break up which in a weird way helped me live a little and generally I feel that way whenever I’m around the people I love.
- What is your cure all for everything? What can make you feel better instantly? – I’m one of those people who love the little things, so it could be a song, a funny cat picture or a nice txt message. I think embracing the small things in life makes a huge difference to your general happiness, well, at least it has for me.
- What is your favourite childhood movie?
- If you could see any three bands/artists live, who would they be?
- What gives your life purpose?
- Are there any quotes that you live your life by, or that are particularly special to you? If so, which ones?
- If you could learn one skill in your life, what would it be?
- What is your perfect outfit?
- What do you find most attractive in a significant other?
- How do you relax?
- Describe your first kiss?
- What is your favourite way to get some exercise?
- What is your reason for blogging? Why do you do it?
I’ve absolutely loved doing this post for the second time around, and I can’t wait to see everyone’s answers. With 2013 ending I will be starting the #2014BloggerChallenge soon and am extremely excited to get into it.
xoxo – OhhKaye
What I’m Wearing:
Maxi Dress from Ally
Shoes from Dotti
MAC Lipstick in Lustre
What Beth is Wearing:
Dress from Leona
Shoes from London Rebel
The #BigBlogmasproject has been absolutely amazing if I do say so myself. Today is the last day and I’d just like to say a huge thank you to anybody who’s read my posts this month or who has followed me this month. It’s been a whole lot of fun to do and albeit a little stressful since I’ve been so busy and had to learn very quickly how to use the schedule feature. I do have a few highlights, I have personally loved reading all The Christmas Tag posts but my personal favourite posts to write this month has been my weekly lustables. I only started writing them this month and I’m pretty sure they’re here to stay and if you haven’t read one of them, they are my own take on weekly loves.
Last but not least, I hope each and every one of you and your friends and family have an amazing Christmas and an excellent new year.
I’d love to hear your thoughts 🙂
xoxo – Happy Holidays
- My New Makeup Storage – I have to say that this is a massive life saver, it’s so incredibly convenient and organised. It also looks really pretty so I can’t complain 🙂
- Duolingo – If you haven’t heard of this, it’s a language learning app, that turns learning a language into a game which you can follow people and build up a leader board. Alec and I have become addicted to this app this week and also a little competitive, it’s so much fun.
- Adventure Time Phone Case – This came in the mail this week and it looks amazing, absolutely loving the change from my plain boring pink case that I’ve had all year.
- Wattle Valley Dips – Can I say HOLY CRAP! These are so delicious, been a little addicted to these this week, they are so incredibly tasty. I especially like the Baby Spinach and Feta one.
- Herschel Pop Art Backpack – I’ve never really owned a backpack but after spending all year with a satchel for uni, I decided it was time to invest. This one is amazing and the fabrics on the inside are perfect for what I intend to use it for. It was a little pricey but I feel that I’m gonna get my money’s worth out of it.
- Love Actually – This week Alex and I decided to start a Christmas tradition and watch Love Actually seeing as it’s one of my favourite love and Christmas movies. I honestly think this one’s a classic.
What have you been loving this week? I’d love to hear your thoughts 🙂
xoxo – Happy Holidays