I love food! I’m fairly certain that’s an understatement because i seriously love it, I especially like trying new things, so I thought I’d share with you the handful of restaurants I’ve tried this year (or since I’ve been dating my new man). We actually have this little tradition going where we alternate between who gets to pick a restaurant each month and then have a little date, trying new places and new foods.
Wagaya Japanese Restaurant
I actually did a date night post about this one which you can read here. This is one of my favourite Brisbane restaurants, I’ve been here more than once now and can say that I absolutely adore it. The service is amazing and the experience is so unique. We ended up getting:
- Tonkatsu Kushiage – which was deep fried pork
- Takoyaki – these are AMAZING deep fried octopus
- Yakitori – marinated chicken skewers
- Ox Tongue – a lot of people get weirded out by the sound of this but it really is amazing, and I would definitely recommend.
- Eel Tempura – can I just say YUMMM
- Chicken Nankotu – Now when we ordered this we though it was just chicken pieces but it was actually soft bones that you ate, there was chicken as well, eating this was definitely an experience.
(At the top is the Yakitori and the bottom is the ox tongue)
(This was the eel tempura)CaravanseraiThis was one of my picks (again) and it’s a Turkish restaurant in West End, I’d never had Turkish before and my friends and family were telling me it was amazing, so I simply had to check it out. Alex and I ended up getting this massive platter which was more than enough. I absolutely adored the grilled Halloumi, I can’t wait to try it again.Jujuba AsiaLast week Alex and I went to the Brisbane Comedy Festival and paired it up with dinner at this place in the Valley. Most of the selections were typical western asian food, and we picked the pork belly and sweet and sour chicken. Although they were somewhat familiar, they were in their own way unique and both tasted amazing.
(pork buns for an entree)
What are your favourite restaurants?xoxo