I don’t know about you, but when I’m feeling sick and nice lip combo tends to cheer me up and make me feel less ill. Unfortunately I think I may have a head cold coming up but, you never know my fates might change. *fingers crossed*
Recently I’ve been seeing so many ombre lips on Instagram and thought I’d try my hand at it, and even though I don’t own any light or sheer pink lipsticks, my take on the ombre lip is focused around dark pinks.
So how’d I create this little treat?
First off I used Maybelline’s Baby Lips Lip Balm so that my lips wouldn’t dry out from all the extra products. I lined my lips with Essence’s lip liner in Red Blush which is a sort of burgundy shade. The main lipstick for this creation is the Inglot Lipstick in 194. For the corners I added a little bit of red for dimension, the red I used was Urban Decay Super-Saturated Lip Color in F-Bomb.
I think this lip would be perfect with a subtle smokey eye and paired with whatever you might have planned for the upcoming Valentine’s Day.
So guess what rocked up in the mail today! Yep, new Real Techniques brushes, and my first thought is not on how absolutely beautiful they are, but that I ordered them on Friday and got them this morning, take into fact that they came from the USA and there was a public holiday over here, I can say that is pretty darn amazing. I bought them off iHerb since they are significantly cheaper there and their postage isn’t that expensive ($8 for DHL International tracked).
When I saw that Real Techniques were releasing new brushes I immediately checked them out and fell in love. I hope to get them all but I settled for purchasing my two favourites of the collection, which are the retractable bronzer brush and the silicone liner brush.
I’ve been in the market recently for a bronzer brush since my current dodgy one is loosing hairs and kinda stabbing me in the face a little. This little baby here is duo-fiber (which I love) and super duper soft. I haven’t tried it out yet but I’m super excited to do so.
As some of you know, I kinda horde eyeliners yet I have come to despise the brushes they supply with them. I love that this brush is silicone since that will help with gliding eyeliners on the eye. I actually tried this one out with a gel eyeliner this afternoon and it was so incredibly amazing, I was a little blown away.
Here’s where you can get these brushes: http://www.iherb.com/Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman
Well hasn’t this week been boring as hell, I’ve been cooped up in my room reading a whole heap and not doing much, which is kinda nice. Today is actually Australia Day if you’re from here and Alex and I are having a big bbq with our friends, it’s gonna be a good night.
1. Aristotle and Dante – This one was a recommendation from my sister who is actually a book blogger and is majorly obsessed with books, so I knew it would be positively amazing. I started it on Saturday evening and finished it on Monday night, which for me is a really short time to read a book, but I honestly couldn’t put it down. It’s quite incredible and the ending is insanely satisfying. Totally recommend.
2. LUSH Snow Fairy – I’ve used this little baby everyday this week and I love the way it fills up my shower with it’s sweet scent. Kinda makes my showers magical in a sense!
3. Nescafe Butterscotch Latte Sachets – Now I may be the only coffee crazed person who doens’t own a coffee machine, but in my opinion these are the next best thing. I’m pretty sure these are a new flavor and they might not stick around but it totally feels like cafe quality coffee, which is a massive step up from instant coffee.
4. American Authors (EP) – I’m not just in love with one of their songs but all of them, their EP is amazing and I hope you check them out. Best Day of My Life has gotten pretty popular!
I’ve been meaning to paint my nails since the new year but I haven’t since I don’t like doing my nails when I don’t have any nail polish remover left, and well apparently it takes me a couple of weeks to buy some. This is one of the polishes I picked up at the Christmas sales and well I really like this one, I’m big on pastels and nudes and this one is kinda perfect for me, just very simple.
I’ve been wanting to film a video FOTD for a while now and well I finally did it, and boy was it a pain to edit but here it is. This is just a simple look and I find myself using this look on the regular.
Garnier Perflect Blur Primer
Garnier BB Cream in Light
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
Rimmel Silky Loose Powder in Translucent
Essence Sun Club Bronzer
Benefit 10 Bronzer
MaxFactor Flawless Perfection Blush in 220 Classic Rose
Elizabeth Arden Shimmer Powder in Nude Shimmer
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
Urban Decay Naked Palette Shades in Naked, Half Baked, Virgin, Buck and Creep
MAC Paint Pot in Let’s Skate
Maybelline One by One Mascara
Maybelline Color Whisper in 65 Pink Possibilities
What’d you think of the video? Any recommendations?
We all have our own little wishlists and I’ve found that I have collected this small list of items that, well, I would love to add to my collection.
- Essie Nail Polish in Chinchilly ( I’ve been in the market for some more nudes/greys)
- Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush
- Sleep I-Divine Palette in Oh So Special (I’ve been wanting to purchase this for ages!)
- Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush
- Sleek Contour Kit in Light
Hopefully in the coming months I actually purchase some of these, but then again I’m starting uni again soon, so that’ll take all my money.